This is a fortnightly, chargeable service for subscribers only. Garden waste collections take place fortnightly, on your normal collection day.
Leave your bins in a clearly visible place at the edge of your property by 6.30am. We work as normal on bank holiday Mondays and Good Friday. There are no garden waste collections during Christmas or New Year's weeks.
Please DON'T recycle:
- Branches thicker than your wrist (three inches/7.5cm)
- Plant pots, trays, bags or any plastics
- Soil, stones or ashes
- Kitchen waste. Due to the risk of cross-contamination with meat residue, any kitchen waste should be disposed of in your food waste bin, even if you grew it in your own garden
Garden waste must be loose and contained within your bin
Do not put sacks or bags in your bins. They cannot be composted and may cause the whole recycling load to be rejected.
We cannot collect bins that are overflowing and dangerous to put on our bin-lifts.
Your subscription and the recent garden waste suspension
Payments for any renewals due while the service was recently suspended have still taken place. All subscriptions affected by the recent suspension of garden waste collections are being extended by four weeks to ensure customers receive the full twelve months of collections that have been paid for.
All households in the Borough can join, as can schools, places of worship and charities. If you live in a flat you may wish to consider communal arrangements. Contact us for details. Collections are not available to businesses.
240-litre brown garden waste bins cost £57.70 each per year if paid by Direct Debit or £63.35 if you pay by another method. There is no limit to the number of bins you can subscribe to. Subscriptions are based on a twelve-month, non-refundable agreement.
A 50% discount is available for recipients of certain means-tested benefits. You must apply for this discount in person at the Town Hall. You must provide an original document as proof of benefits.
Renewing your subscription
- If you pay by Direct Debit you do not need to do anything. We will notify you each year that we are collecting a further twelve months' subscription.
- If you pay by another method we will contact you before your subscription expires, to ask whether you wish to renew it for a further year.
If you move house
- If you are moving out of the Borough please notify us and present the bin for removal.
- If you are moving within the Borough, contact us before the move to advise of your new address and date of move. You must take the bin with you in order for your subscription membership to be transferred to the new address.
Have you tried home composting?
Home composting is a great way to do something in your own garden, for your own garden. And for three days 23 - 25 May the Surrey Environment Partnership is offering half-price compost bins - at just £10.75 stocks are limited so put it in your calendar now!
Garden waste at the tip
Surrey County Council has announced that its Community Recycling Centre (the tip) at Blenheim Road is now open for garden waste or bagged refuse ONLY until further notice.
The site will be open 9am - 6pm seven days a week until further notice. Social distancing will be in place within the site. Traffic management measures will be in place in the approach roads. Expect queues.
Please note that the tip is operated by Surrey County Council, to whom any queries should be directed.