Leave your bins out for collection in a clearly visible place at the edge of your property by 6.30am on collection day. Please note we work as normal on bank holiday Mondays and Good Friday. What happens if a collection is missed?
Weekly mixed recycling bin
- Cardboard - any type, such as boxes, packaging, cards), coloured paper and envelopes
- Cartons - such as drinks or soup cartons
- Plastics - such as plastic bottles, tubs, cups, trays, pots, blister packs. Download the leaflet below for more details of what you can and can't recycle in this bin
- Paper - white or coloured, printed or plain, including envelopes (even with windows)
- Tins and cans - both steel and aluminium, including aerosol cans (fully expended please)
Please note we do not recycle foil. Clean foil can be recycled at the Community Recycling Centre, Blenheim Road but we do not collect it in our bins because very often it is too dirty to recycle, making sorting your recycling more expensive.
Put recycling in your bin loose, not bagged. It's easier and cheaper to sort them out afterwards. DO NOT PUT GLASS, TEXTILES, FOOD OR FOIL IN THIS BIN. If you have too much recycling for your bin you can leave it next to your bin in a labelled, clear bag and we will take it, like this:
Large pieces of cardboard, such as packaging from a new TV, can be left next to your bin and we will take it.